Invitation to the Potential Tenure-Track Faculty Candidates
Join a Top-10 Chemical Engineering Department
The Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at the National University of Singapore (NUS) invites you to be part of a world’s top-10 chemical engineering department. We attract the best students from Singapore and in the region to our undergraduate and graduate programs, and our Department mirrors the diversity of culture and ideas in our island nation.
We are seeking dynamic individuals with outstanding research leaderships and strong commitments to education. Individuals who can contribute to and synergize well with a large and growing department, and develop well-funded research programs of international visibility and impact particularly in the areas of Membrane Science & Technology, Chemical Product Design, and Natural Gas Science & Engineering, are welcome to explore the possibility of making NUS their academic home.
Please explore http://www.chbe.nus.edu.sg and http://www.eng.nus.edu.sg to learn more about us and see how you could become a part of our vibrant and diverse community. Some exciting facts are as follows:
- We are consistently rated in the top-10 internationally by the QS World University Chemical Engineering Ranking (analogous to the annual US News & World Reports ratings of US universities).
- Our department is one of the largest internationally, with more than 40 faculty members and about 100 additional research staff.
- It provides an exciting environment for cutting-edge research with an excellent in-house research infrastructure for experimental and computational work.
- Our successful and high-profile international partnerships include collaborative graduate degree and research programs with top institutions in the world.
- Our undergraduate program with 1,200 students is accredited by Engineering Accreditation Board (EAB). In addition, Singapore is a member of the Washington Accord, and our undergraduate degrees enjoy cross-border accreditation by the member countries.
- The chemical sector is the second largest contributor to Singapore’s manufacturing output. The Department has played and continues to play a pivotal role in developing the research and technology infrastructure for Singapore’s and the region’s dynamic manufacturing and knowledge-based economy.
- Singapore is an international, cross-cultural city-state with a western-style living environment in a culturally vibrant eastern setting. Singapore is truly a gateway to the East, a region rapidly growing in economic, political and cultural influence. You can find more information on Singapore at http://www.contactsingapore.sg/.
- In addition to its excellent public schools, Singapore enjoys many international schools (e.g., American, Canadian, UK, Japan, etc.) for quality education and environment for children.
Please email a detailed CV, a teaching philosophy statement, list of publications, statement of research interests and plans, contact details of at least 3 referees and the NUS Personal Data Consent for Job Applicants to:
Chairman, Search Committee
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
National University of Singapore